International Border Innovation Challenge
This inaugural competition is sponsored by the Smart Border Coalition, the program is presented through a partnership of the Rady School of Management and the Jacobs School of Engineering. This competition focuses on bringing to the spotlight promising solutions and technologies to meet the efficiency and security challenges of the region's ports of entry. It is open to applicants from UC San Diego plus universities and startups from Baja California.
Challenges We Are Looking to Solve:
The international border has been in the spotlight for several years and the challenges on both sides are numerous. This competition is looking for technology and solutions focused on, but not limited to, the following areas:
- Accurate wait time measurement and predictive analytics
- Best use of access roads based on current Tijuana infrastructure
- Better Northbound and Southbound queue and lane management
- Process improvements at US border agent booths
- Eliminating driver error regarding getting into SENTRI lanes in Tijuana
- Guiding travelers to appropriate port(s) and providing easy directions to get back to U.S.
- Using new and current technologies to move cargo through the border efficiently
- Crowdsourcing to pay for basic border infrastructure needs
Join us for the Border Innovation Challenge!
Register now for the first ever Border Innovation Challenge!
May 22nd, 2019
Time: 5:30 PM
Location: Duane J. Roth Auditorium
5:30 - Reception
6:00 - Presentations
7:30 - Awards
Please RSVP by May 17th.
Rob Piotrowski: email@example.com (IGE, Jacobs School of Engineering)
Undergraduate, Graduate, Staff and Faculty
April 15, 2019 - Applications Due
April 24, 2019 - Application Status Update
May 22, 2019 - Border Innovation Challenge